It is time for classes! Agree that the laptop is probably one of the student's best friend to cope with his/her studies workload. You can read the electronically textbook from your computer, write an essay, a term paper or a thesis on your laptop, in electronic form.
So it's time to think about buying some for you.
But in most cases, student's budget is limited, so you need to find an inexpensive laptop, not forgetting about personal needs. If you need a program such as Adobe Photoshop for your studies, your laptop must have at least 8 GB RAM. Also, it must have an Intel i5 processor; i3 as minimum to function somehow, more or less.
In general, when choosing a budget laptop, you need to think about many more details.
To facilitate your task, we created a list of the best laptops for college, in different categories.
This computer combines performance and value, which is especially important for college students. Here are just some of its technical characteristics:
- The processor - Intel Core i5 (7th generation);
- 256-GB SSD;
- Video card Nvidia 940MX;
- 8 GB of RAM.
This is quite enough not only to handle most graphic design programs but also to run most video games.
Do not be embarrassed by the weight (5.27 pounds), because this computer has:
- 15.6-inch HD screen;
- USB Type-C, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports;
- WiFi 802.11 ac;
- A six-cell battery that will provide a charge for 12 hours of operation.
Agree that it is very profitable to pay a little more, but to get much more. It's about the Asus F556UA-AB32. Although it is not very cheap, it has updated graphics and high processing power.
This computer is the cheapest laptop with the extension of Full HD (1920x1080). It has a 15.6-inch screen.
- Processor Intel Core i3;
- 802.11ac WiFi;
- 4 GB of RAM.
On this computer, you can start the video without delay. Additional pleasant bonuses of this model are an ergonomic keyboard and a beautiful body design.
This laptop is simply irreplaceable, not only during the lecture in the classroom (you can write all information electronically in Microsoft Word) but also during a massive party at the bar.
Just imagine how you sit with friends and watch photos from this device while drinking beer.
To see how priceless this laptop is for a student, it's enough to look at its characteristics:
- Quad-core Intel Celeron N3150 processor (1.6 GHz clock speed);
- Intel Burst 2.08 GHz technology;
- 4 GB of RAM;
- 11.6-inch touch screen HD IPS (resolution is 1366 x 768);
- 10 hours of battery life;
- 100 GB of free storage in Google Drive for two years.
Best for Portability
Are you familiar with the situation when you constantly go from the university to the library, from the library to your dorm, and from the dorm to the university again? Yes? Then you need a laptop which you can easily carry with you. MacBook Air is suitable for this purpose. Its weight is only 2.96 pounds, and the thickness is just 0.68 inches.
- The dual-core processor Intel Core i5 1.6 GHz;
- Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz;
- 8 GB of RAM;
- LPDDR3 1600 MHz;
- Display with a diagonal of 14 inches with a resolution of 1440 x 900;
- The battery on 12 hours of work.
Best for Durability
The feature of this notebook is its increased strength. It even has a shockproof keyboard. Also it is resistant to falls.
During the tests, this computer fell from a height of 3.9 feet and remained completely functional.
- 11.6-inch display of the C662 1366 x 768;
- Intel Celeron N3060 processor with 2 MB cache (2.48 GHz);
- 16 GB of flash memory;
- The screen is equipped with anti-glare technology.
Runner-Up, Best Budget
This is an excellent budget notebook for students.
Main technical features:
- 3.7-pound lightweight plastic screen frame;
- The screen is 14 inches;
- Intel Celeron processor 1.6 GHz
- 4 GB of RAM
- A 32MB eMMC drive
- 32-megabyte eMMC-drive;
- Storage with 1 TB of cloud space OneDrive and Office 365;
Best for Creatives
The beautiful design of the Apple 15 "MacBook Pro screen is not only one highlight.
Yes, it has a Retina display of 2.880 x 1.800 pixels and a Radeon Pro graphics processor.ut that's not all surprises:
But that's not all surprises:
- 4 GB of GDDR5 memory;
- Interactive panel Apple Touch Bar.
This is easy to toss this laptop in a backpack along with textbooks.
Best for Note-Taking
Do you like to make notes manually during the lecture? No?
So, pay attention to the Microsoft Surface Book. It has a removable screen, due to what it can be used as a notebook.
An additional accessory is a surface pen with 1024 levels of sensitivity to pressure.
The computer runs Windows 10, so you can have access to the application store, such as OneNote, Xodo, etc.
- PixelSense screen, the size is 13.5 inches;
- Display with a resolution of 3000x2000 pixels;
- Intel Core i5 processor;
- 16 GB of flash memory.